M 1/29 Intro/Supplies
We will watch this video in class together:
We will read The Student Side of Making in class together.
W 1/31 Quiz on The Elements of Design
- 3D Boot Camp and ePorts Bring your computers (ePort Suggestions and How to make Photo Galleries , If you lose your password?)
- Review Elements of Design Worksheet for quiz,
- Read “Four Types of Thinking” and do the quiz to find out what type of thinker you are. Write down your discovery to bring to class.
- In class: creativity and thinking.
- Bring in sketch book
- Read Ch. 1 of The Theory Toolbox and then answer this question: “In what ways do you think ‘theory’ could be useful to a studio art class?” Post this on Moodle under discussions .
- 3 Forms
- Bring in sketch book
- Bring in your four types of thinking sheet you did for last class.
- Look up and come to class with 6 ways to create the illusion of depth in a drawing.
- Drawing Depth in Space
W 2/7 Idea Development
- Idea development Work Shop
- Come in with 3 different Themes for your suit
- Drawing exercise
M 2/12 Drawing in Space Work Day
- Study Guide for Theory Toolbox
- Read Ch. 2 of The Theory Toolbox and then choose one of the Working Questions (from within the chapter or from the end of the chapter) and answer it on Moodle under discussions.
- Read Ch. 3 of The Theory Toolbox and then choose one of the Working Questions (from within the chapter or from the end of the chapter) and answer it on Moodle under discussions .
- Review Theory Toolbox
- Work on Drawings
W 2/14 Winter Carnavel
- Drawing in Space Due, ePort on Drawing due.
- ePort Checklist
- Elements of Design Suit
- Blank picture of Suit for Maquette
- Suit Work day
- Suits Due
- Review this: 3 Forms and then make a new post and do drawings for Three Cubes
- Paper Assignment
- Tips for Writing the Paper
- Artist/Articles for your paper texted to me by end of class time.
- Post on 3 Cubes Due.
Instructions for Autodesk ReCap:
- Up load photos to Re-Cap and get mesh back for today.
- Bring in computers
- Papers with attached articles due
M 3/19 Spring Break
W 3/21 Spring Break
- Read Beginners Guide to 360 Product Photography
- Read this about 3D Product display
- How to shoot
- Due: 3D files to library to be printed by FRIDAY
- Photograph 3D prints and inflatable images on ePorts by 5pm.
- Moldmaking Video
- Bring in apple or orange for Wednesday!
- Clay project Work day in class (Due 5:00pm Absolute deadline. No more clay work! These must be allowed to dry.)
Go over how to finish Clay projects
- Clay project will come out of kiln sometime Saturday . Pick them up and finish them, photograph them for the final
Final Exam Date/Time:
8am class: Monday 5/14, 8-10:30am
11:15am class: Monday 5/14, 11am-1:30pm
- All work Photographed and on ePorts. Due to fair grading policy no late work can be accepted after the final.